SimpleTax Help

Can I use my refund to pay my partner’s balance owing?

No, the CRA does not allow you to use your refund to offset part or all of your partner’s balance owing.

Revenu Québec, however, does allow you to do this. If you and your partner are both residents of Québec, you may transfer your provincial refund to pay part or all of your partner’s provincial balance owing. You can do this in the Québec Refund section.