SimpleTax Help

How do I report my foreign pension income?

To report your foreign pension income, search for “Foreign Pension” in the search box and add the Foreign Pension Income section to your return.

If your pension is from Social Security or Medicare, enter the relevant information under the U.S. Social Security or Medicare heading. When you report your income, we’ll automatically claim your line 256 deduction for you.

If you have other foreign pension income (e.g., from a different country, or a different type of U.S. pension income), report your income in the table under the Other foreign pension income heading. You’ll have the opportunity to claim a deduction on line 256 or a foreign tax credit in this table as well.